As we all know, “Mystery shopping” has been one of the most wanted investigative services of recent times.
Every organisation needs to maintain its quality of goods and services in order to achieve customer satisfaction as satisfying the customer is the ultimate goal for every business organisation. There are many business establishments around us like hotels, grocery stores, restaurants, supermarkets, fast food joints and movie halls etc. where providing good customer service is a huge determining factor for its success. This means that customer satisfaction is a key objective for business establishments to survive in the industry.
How is mystery shopping related to this objective?
Mystery shopping relates to this objective by acting as a perfect tool to evaluate the working of a business establishment from a customer’s perspective.
On evaluating the business establishment, actual state of its working can be realized. If any flaws are found in its operation then steps can be taken by the owner of the business (the one who opts for mystery shopping service) to correct it.
Let’s have a deep look at the process of mystery shopping service.
Under this investigative service, mystery shoppers (as per the requirement of the case) are sent to the business establishment (the one which needs to be evaluated) to oversee its operation in all the important areas like staff interaction with customers, professionalism of the staff members with respect to their job, quality of the commodities on display, qualities of the goods & services sold, price charged for goods and services from the costumers and staff compliance with other policies and regulations of the business organization.
As we can see from this process of investigation, Mystery shoppers play a crucial role in conducting the overall process of mystery shopping.
Let’s have a brief look at the concept of Mystery shoppers to learn more about them.
Mystery shoppers are people who are trained to observe and record the significant areas of a business establishment posing as a customer. Their feedback is important to know about a business from the customer’s point of view.
Other facts about mystery shoppers
- Mystery shoppers are also called secret shoppers. As we can see, this name indicates the nature of their profession and how display of covert behaviour is a huge part of this job.
- Mystery shoppers are required to have a keen eye for detail, as it is a very important quality for successfully evaluating a business. Their detail oriented, honest report about their experience can shed some light on previously hidden factors and help the company to take appropriate measures for improving it.
- Good communication skills (both oral & written) are also an important quality possessed by a mystery shopper. A mystery shopper has to interact a lot with the staff of the business establishment as a part of their job and for interacting in a subtle manner without revealing their actual identity, it is important for mystery shoppers to have a good command over their communication skills.
- Apart from reviewing the quality of products & services as well as monitoring the staff interaction, mystery shoppers also observe the other important aspect of staff behaviour. Yes! We are talking about staff’s compliance with the policy and regulations prescribed by an organization. Many people may not be aware about this but if you want to know whether your employees are working according to the rules and regulations set by your organization then opting for mystery shopping service is a good idea to oversee their level of adherence.
- A mystery shopper is paid a certain amount to visit the business establishment and assess it accordingly. Becoming a mystery shopper is a good option for those who are genuinely interested about this concept and prepared to deal with all the elements involved in this profession.
We, City Intelligence Pvt. Ltd. are one of the foremost mystery shopping service providers of our time. So, if you are in need of our services then reach out to us through phone or email.